All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the early seventeenth century, when the cultivation of exotic plants and fruit became fashionable in northern Europe, glasshouses have offered an artificial climate in which they could flourish. This title provides an introduction to the subject, including the twentieth century decline and recent attempts at restoration.
- Author BiographyFiona Grant is a garden historian with a particular interest in productive gardens and the role of glasshouses in supplying food throughout the year. She is one the founder members of the Walled Kitchen Gardens Network and advises on the restoration of both gardens and glasshouses.
- Author(s)Fiona Grant
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number747
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note20 b/w; 40 col
- Weight167 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.27
- £30.35Trending at £43.00
- £9.53Trending at £9.82
- £14.09Trending at £15.23
- £7.49Trending at £7.69
- £18.13Trending at £25.00
- £14.05Trending at £17.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.