CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £9.09Trending at £11.04
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- Author(s)Gabor Toth
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight905 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 2002
- Table Of Contents* 'A Number is a multitude composed of units' (Euclid) * '..there are no irrational numbers at all' (Kronecker) * Rationality, Elliptic Curves and Fermat's Last Theorem * Algebraic or Transcendential? * Complex Arithmetic * Quadratic, Cubic, and Quartic Equations * Stereographic Projection * Proof of the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra * Symmetries of Regular Polygons * Discrete Subgroups of Iso(R^2) * Mobius Geometry * Complex Linear Fractional Transformations * 'Out of nothing I have created a new universe' (Bolyai) * Fuchsian Groups * Riemann Surfaces * General Surfaces * The Five Platonic Solids * Finite Mobius Groups * Detour in Topology: Euler-Poincare Characteristic * Detour in Graph Theory: Euler, Hamilton and the Four Color Theorem * Dimension Leap * Quaternions * Back to R^3! * Invariants * The Icosahedron and the Unsolvable Quintic * The Fourth Dimension * Appendices * Solutions for 100 Selected Problems * Index
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.