Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.92
- £6.99Trending at £9.96
- £43.55Trending at £48.35
- £7.40Trending at £9.89
- £16.71Trending at £19.78
- £9.80Trending at £10.70
- £12.95Trending at £16.82
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal climate change challenges ecologists to synthesize what we know to solve a problem with deep historical roots in our discipline. In ecology, the question, How do terrestrial ecosystems interact with the other earth systems to produce planetary change? has sufficient depth to be the focal challenge.
- Author BiographyH.H. ( Hank ) Shugart is a systems ecologist who has developed and tested models of biogeochemical cycles, energy flow and secondary succession. He uses individual-based computer models to simulate changes in forest structure and composition over time and in response to environmental change. Ian Woodward is a plant ecologist interested in the impacts of climate and changing carbon dioxide concentrations on plants and vegetation. His research on global climate change makes extensive uses of dynamic global vegetation models.
- Author(s)F. I. Woodward,H. H. Shugart
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight490 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.