All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise but comprehensive interdisciplinary examination of global deforestation for a broad audience of scientists and policymakers.
- Author BiographyChristiane Runyan is a lecturer in Hydrology and Water Resources in the Advanced Academic Program of the Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences at The Johns Hopkins University. Her research examines how deforestation affects the dynamics of hydrological and biogeochemical processes, and includes modeling the control that vegetation has on the soil's physical and biogeochemical conditions. Paolo D'Odorico is Ernest H. Ern Professor of Environmental Sciences at the University of Virginia. His research focuses on the role of hydrological processes in the functioning of terrestrial ecosystems and societies. He was awarded the Sustainability Science Award from the Ecological Society of America in 2009, and he was made a Fellow of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation in 2011. He coedited Dryland Ecohydrology (2006) and coauthored Noise-Induced Phenomena in the Environmental Sciences (Cambridge, 2011) and Elements of Physical Hydrology, 2nd edition (2014).
- Author(s)Christiane Runyan,Paolo D'Odorico
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note68 b/w illus. 14 colour illus.
- Weight760 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £23.48Trending at £24.54
- £13.79Trending at £19.11
- £19.26Trending at £26.15
- £8.82Trending at £12.48
- £11.31Trending at £12.32
- £11.54Trending at £15.30
- £16.94Trending at £21.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.