CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.21
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £11.04
- £14.99Trending at £17.00
- £14.87Trending at £16.69
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.02
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- GenreComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight296 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byCarrie L. Devieux,Peter Alfred Swan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
- Table Of ContentsForeword. Preface. 1: Introduction to Global Mobile Satellite Systems; P.A. Swan, C.L. Devieux Jr. 1.1. Introduction. 1.2. Generations of GMSS. 1.3. GMSS Categories. 1.4. GMSS Infrastructure. 1.5. Book Organization. 1.6. The Challenge. References. 2: GMSS Architectural Comparisons; P.A. Swan. 2.1. Introduction. 2.2. Architectural Design Process. 2.3. GMSS Architectural Steps. 2.4. Summary. References. 3: Market Demand Considerations; C.L. Devieux Jr., G. Besenyei. 3.1. Introduction. 3.2. Historical Market Demand for Various Services and Consumer Products. 3.3. Global Mobile Satellite Systems. 3.4. Comments. References. 4: Regulatory and Spectrum Considerations; D. Jansky, R.D. Kubik. 4.1. Satellite Frequency Allocations. 4.2. Regulatory Considerations. 4.3. Mobile Satellite Service Regulation. 4.4. Summsry. Acknowledgement. References. 5: Orbital Trades; P.A. Swan, R.A. Peters. 5.1. Introduction. 5.2. Arguments for Non-GSO Orbits. 5.3. Constellation Design. 5.4. Comparison of Orbits. 5.5. Trends in Orbits. References. 6: Propagation Considerations; R.L. Turcotte. 6.1. Introduction. 6.2. Satellite Geometry and Received Signal Components. 6.3. Probability Distributions for Fading Models. 6.4. Channel Dynamics. 6.5. The Probability Distribution Based Land Mobile Satellite Channel Mode. 6.6. Summary. References. 7: Payload Trades, Antennas and Communications; R.A. Peters. 7.1. Introduction. 7.2. Basic Features of a Payload. 7.3. Antennas. 7.4. Link Budgets. 7.5. Polarization and Frequency Reuse. 7.6. Access Techniques: FDMA, TDMA, CDMA. 7.7. Coding: Trading Bandwidth for Power. 7.8. Space High-Power Amplifiers. 7.9. Transparent vs. Regenerative Payloads. 7.10. Inter-Satellite Links. 7.11. The Satellite Bus. 7.12. Space Segments Technology Trends. References. 8: GMSS Summary; P.A. Swan, C.L. Devieux Jr. 8.1. Achievements. 8.2. Architectural Approach. 8.3. Eventual Success. 8.4. The Future of GMSS. 8.5. The Customer. Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.