CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionGives an introduction to 20th-21st century imaginings and realities. Divided in sections, this work includes Time/Space Frameworks. It features topics such as: States and Markets: understanding geospatial time; Embedding Patriarchy: feminism and inequality in the Internet era; Complex Hegemony in the 21st Century: power and inequality; and more.
- Author BiographyThis volume is an insightful, fresh and broad-ranging evaluation of the conceptual challenges of globalization and the new information era. We are living in an unparalleled era of globalization; a world of Internet connectivity and emerging markets in which borders are becoming ever more permeable and trade increasingly global. From technology and change to knowledge and power, this book examines how established theoretical traditions of international relations and global political economy are shifting in the information age. Written from a critical perspective, it analyzes how information and technology are becoming of greater structural relevance to our understanding of globalization. By addressing the linkages between these two together with current socio-economic developments, Gillian Youngs argues that technology is one of the key ways in which we can study how power is attained and maintained in global political economy. This volume is divided into three sections: * time/space frameworks * borders and inequality * technofutures and power. Global Political Economy in the Information Age will be of interest to students and scholars of international political economy, global governance, Internet politics, international economics, and politics and international relations in general.
- Author(s)Gillian Youngs
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2006
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.