All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom al Qaeda to Christian militias to insurgents in Iraq, a strident religious activism has seized the imaginations of political rebels around the world. This book provides a road map through this complex religious terrain. It puts a human face on conflicts that have become increasingly abstract.
- Author BiographyMark Juergensmeyer is Professor of Sociology and Director of Global and International Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is the winner of the Grawemeyer Award for his book Terror in the Mind of God (UC Press). He is the editor of Global Religions: An Introduction and is also the author of The New Cold War? Religious Nationalism Confronts the Secular State and Gandhi's Way: A Handbook of Conflict Resolution, both from UC Press.
- Author(s)Mark K. Juergensmeyer
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2009
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleComparative Studies in Religion & Society
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £13.00Trending at £16.87
- £10.00Trending at £10.84
- £8.00Trending at £8.79
- £9.69Trending at £10.96
- £7.51Trending at £9.98
- £7.62Trending at £7.75
- £3.59Trending at £4.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.