All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2014
- GenreSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note620 black & white illustrations, 84 black & white tables
- Weight1700 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byCraig D. McClain,John G. Meara,Jr.,Selwyn O. Rogers
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction The Global Burden of Surgical Disease; K. A. Kelly McQueen Commentator: Zipporah Gathuya Ethical Considerations; David B. Waisel and Caris Grimes Commentator: Wangari Nyaga Developing Surgical Capacity: Models of Implementation; Regan Bergmark, Wendy Williams, Johanna N. Riesel, Doreen Nakku, and Mack Cheney Commentators: Nobhojit Roy, Nakul Raykar Anesthesia Preparing for a Trip: OR Management; Craig D. McClain Commentator: Clover Ann Lee Pharmacology of Commonly Used Drugs; Leal G. Segura Commentators: Edouard Uwamahoro, Denise M. Chan Regional Anesthesia; Christopher S. Lee and Navil F. Sethna Commentator: Alexandra Torborg Preoperative Evaluation; Cynthia S. Tung Commentators: Francoise Nizeyimana, Denise M. Chan Intraoperative Management; Terrance A. Yemen Commentators: Francoise Nizeyimana, Denise M. Chan Postoperative Care: PACU and ICU; Traci A. Wolbrink and Martin Zammert Commentators: Francoise Nizeyimana, Denise M. Chan Resuscitation and Approach to Crisis Situations; Ann T. Hau and Craig D. McClain Commentators: Edouard Uwamahoro, Denise M. Chan Non-Trauma Chest; Abraham Lebenthal and Alexi C. Matousek Commentator: Koffi Herve Yangni-Angate Acute Abdomen; Reinou S. Groen and Adam L. Kushner Commentators: Okao Patrick, Louis-Franck Telemaque, Ntakiyiruta Georges Stomach; David S. Shapiro Commentator: Ntakiyiruta Georges Liver, Pancreas and Gall Bladder; Kelly Hewitt and Raymond R. Price Commentators: Jigjidsuren Chinburen, Tsiiregzen Enkh-Amgalan Spleen; Mallory Williams, Quyen D. Chu, and Selwyn O. Rogers Commentators: Ndukauba Eleweke, Ntakiyiruta Georges, Okao Patrick Appendicitis; Ibrahim M. Daoud and Vladimir P. Daoud Commentators: Edgar Rodas, Edgar B. Rodas Hernia; Joaquim M. Havens Commentators: Edgar Rodas, Edgar B. Rodas Colon and Rectum; Allison F. Linden and Kathryn Chu Commentator: Thandinkosi E. Madiba Anus and Rectum; Joel E. Goldberg Commentator: Thandinkosi E. Madiba, Ntakiyiruta Georges Laparoscopy; Gabriela M. Vargas and Raymond R. Price Commentator: Sergelen Orgoi Breast Cancer; Lisa A. Newman, Marcel Bayor, Evelyn Jiagge, Der Muonir Edmund, and Mawuli Gyakobo Commentators: Ouyang Lizhi, Ruth Damuse Obstetrics; Reinou S. Groen and Adam L. Kushner Commentator: Bomi Ogedengbe Gynecology; Felicia Lester and Sierra Washington Commentator: Tarek Meguid Genitourinary Surgery; Marc D. Manganiello and Jill Buckley Commentators: E. Oluwabunmi Olapade-Olaopa, Thaim Buya Kamara Neurosurgery; Benjamin C. Warf Commentator: John Mugamba Otorhinolaryngology; Robert M. Boucher Commentator: Wakisa Mulwafu Thyroidectomy; Robert M. Boucher Commentator: Emmanuel R. Ezeome Ophthalmology; Matthew C. Bujak and Geoffrey Tabin Commentator: John Nkurikiye Dentistry; Joel S. Reynolds and Robert P. Horne Commentator: Rose Dina Premier Orthopedic Surgery; George S.M. Dyer Commentator: Ankur B. Bamne Pediatric Surgery; Doruk Ozgediz and Emmanuel A. Ameh Commentator: Milliard Derbew Oncology; T. Peter Kingham and Olusegun Alatise Commentator: Ruth Damuse Infectious Diseases; Gita N. Mody, Sachita Shah, and Robert Riviello Commentators: Samuel Abimerech Luboga, Peter M. Nthumba Soft-Tissue Coverage and Flaps; Christopher D. Hughes and Nadine Semer Commentators: Jorge Palacios, Chona Thomas, Charles Furaha, Christian Paletta Skin Grafts; Ingrid Ganske and Jennifer Wall Commentators: Jorge Palacios, Charles Furaha, Christian Paletta Wound Care; Helena O.B. Taylor and Stephen R. Sullivan Commentators: Ntakiyiruta Georges, Sterman Toussaint, Okao Patrick, Okechukwu O. Onumaegbu Trauma Disaster Management; Susan Miller Briggs and Guy Lin Commentator: Emmanuel Kayibanda Initial Evaluation of the Trauma Patient; William P. Schecter Commentator: Sebastian O. Ekenze Amputation; Samuel C.
- Author BiographyJohn G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS, FRACS is Director of the Program in Global Surgery and Social Change at Harvard Medical School, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Harvard Plastic Surgery Training Program, and Plastic Surgeon-in-Chief at Boston Children's Hospital. Since 2008, he has Co-Directed the Paul Farmer Global Surgery Fellowship program in collaboration with Partners in Health. His clinical interests and innovation activities are in the areas of craniofacial anomalies, and cleft lip and cleft palate. Dr. Meara is particularly interested in augmenting the delivery of quality surgical care in low-resource settings, and serves as chair for the Lancet Commission on Global Surgery. Craig D. McClain, MD, MPH is an anesthesiologist at Boston Children's Hospital, an Assistant Professor of Anesthesia, and Affiliate Faculty in the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He has spent time working in multiple low-resource countries in Asia, Africa, South America, and the Caribbean. He currently serves as the lead anesthesiologist for Harvard Medical School for the Human Resources for Health project in Rwanda. He is the founder and Director of the Global Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship at Boston Children's Hospital. His academic interests include improving the perioperative care of children undergoing neurosurgical procedures, as well as improving the safe delivery of anesthesia and perioperative care in low-resource countries. Selwyn Rogers, Jr., MD, MPH, FACS has served as Division Chief of Trauma, Burn, and Surgical Critical Care at Brigham and Women's Hospital. In 2005, Dr. Rogers helped launch the Center for Surgery and Public Health, whose mission is to understand the nature, quality, and utilization of surgical care globally. His research includes examining processes to improve quality of care and improving the understanding surgical disparities to close the quality chasm for underserved populations nationally and globally. Dr. Rogers served as Surgeon-in-Chief of Temple University Health System from 2012 to 2014. He now serves as Chief Medical Officer at the University of Texas Medical Branch. David P. Mooney, MD, MPH, FACS is Director of the Trauma Center at Boston Children's Hospital, an Associate Professor in Surgery, and Affiliate Faculty in the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He has been active in Partners in Health and was a part of the U.S. National Disaster Medical System response to the 2010 Haitian earthquake. He is one of the founders of the Pediatric Trauma Society. His interests include the development of trauma care and trauma systems for children in a variety of resource settings.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £7.40Trending at £8.87
- £12.80Trending at £17.99
- £14.70Trending at £15.80
- £20.87Trending at £23.99
- £10.14Trending at £10.39
- £22.84Trending at £29.50
- £17.17Trending at £17.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.