All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Globalization' is one of the defining buzzwords of our time, describing a variety of accelerating economic, political, and cultural processes that constantly change our experience of the world. The fourth edition of this Very Short Introduction provides an exploration of both the causes and effects of the phenomenon.
- Author BiographyManfred B. Steger is Professor of Sociology at the University of Hawai'i-Manoa and Honorary Professor of Global Studies at RMIT University (Melbourne, AUS). He also served as a globalization consultant for the U.S. Department of State. He is the author or editor of twenty-five books on globalization and the history of political ideas, including The Rise of the Global Imaginary: Political Ideologies from the French Revolution to the Global War on Terror (OUP, 2008); the award-winning Globalisms: The Great Ideological Struggle of the 21st Century, 3rd ed. (Rowman & Littlefield, 2009); and What Is Global Studies? (Routledge, 2016).
- Author(s)Manfred B. Steger
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2017
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2017
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note42 black and white images
- Weight134 g
- Width114 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £27.52Trending at £27.96
- £26.61Trending at £27.96
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.00
- £19.28Trending at £20.74
- £17.29Trending at £22.25
- £17.73Trending at £18.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.