Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £6.99Trending at £12.88
- £15.40Trending at £17.55
- £16.59Trending at £18.98
- £7.58Trending at £7.85
- £9.72Trending at £15.14
- £7.59Trending at £12.12
- £23.39Trending at £31.32
About this product
- DescriptionFear is ingrained in the history of cities but our short-sightedness prevents us from grasping its evolution over time. Increasingly, risk and fear are experienced, portrayed and discussed as globalized phenomena, particularly since 9/11. This research puts urban insecurity in perspective, with a comparison of world cities in the North and South.
- Author BiographySophie Body Gendrot Emeritus Professor at the Sorbonne and a researcher at Cesdip/CNRS. She is the author of numerous books on cities and violence, including The Social Control of Cities? (2000) and Violence in Europe (2007). As Former President of the European Society of Criminology, she is an Expert for the European Community.
- Author(s)Sophie Body-Gendrot
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/05/2012
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTransnational Crime, Crime Control and Security
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight302 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.