All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionDelivering an analysis of the efforts being made to socially regulate globalization, this study evaluates the effectiveness of non-governmental organizations and the problems they face. With case studies on the clothing industry, sustainable forestry and corporate social responsibility, it explores the tensions between politics and management.
- Author BiographyRonnie D. Lipschutz is Professor of Politics and Associate Director of the Center for Global, International and Regional Studies at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is also Chair of the Politics Ph.D. program at UCSC. His most recent books include Global Environmental Politics: Power, Perspectives and Practice (Washington, D.C.: CQ Press, 2004), After Authority-War, Peace and Global Politics in the 21st Century (Albany, N.Y.: State University of New York Press, 2000) and Cold War Fantasies-Film, Fiction and Foreign Policy (Lanham, Md.: Rowman and Littlefield, 2001). He is co-authoring an IR ^D< ani-text^D> with Mary Ann Tetreault, Global Politics Because People Matter, which Rowman and Littlefield will publish in 2005. He is also the author of When Nations Clash: Raw Materials, Ideology and Foreign Policy (New York: Ballinger/Harper and Row, 1989) and Global Civil Society and Global Environmental Governance (Albany: SUNY Press), editor of On Security (New York: Columbia, 1995), and co-author or co-editor of several other books. James K. Rowe is a Ph.D. Candidate in Politics at UC-Santa Cruz. He does research on social movements and the global politics of corporate social responsibility.
- Author(s)James K. Rowe,Ronnie Lipschutz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRIPE Series in Global Political Economy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.