All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an explanation for the increase in number of people in US prisons by more than 450%. This book examines the issue through statewide, rural, and urban perspectives to explain how the expansion developed from surpluses of finance capital, labor, land, and state capacity.
- Author BiographyRuth Wilson Gilmore is Associate Professor of Geography and Director of the Program in American Studies and Ethnicity at the University of Southern California. She is a member of the founding collective of Critical Resistance, one of the most important national anti-prison organizations in the United States.
- Author(s)Ruth Wilson Gilmore
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication17/11/2006
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleAmerican Crossroads
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note8 line illustrations, 1 map, 10 tables
- Weight463 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.