Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £11.59Trending at £15.00
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £8.43Trending at £11.68
- £9.41Trending at £9.98
- £9.51Trending at £10.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.55
- £6.71Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a varied selection of poems from Travelling Mercies (2001) and Controlling the Silver (2004), together with twenty other poems. Moving between standard English and the speech of her guinea woman grandmother, and between story and song, the author aims to bring dignity to the everyday and grace to all our experiences.
- Author BiographyLorna Goodison was born and grew up in Jamaica, where she still has a home. She has taught in Canada and in the United States. She has been a major participant in literature festivals in New York, London and Erlangen, and her poetry and prose are widely anthologised. Carcanet publish Guinea Woman. Her poetry was previously published in Britain by New Beacon Press.
- Author(s)Lorna Goodison
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2006
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.