All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beloved classic novel about an unforgettable teacher, perfect for fans of Dead Poets Society, Stand and Deliver and Mr Holland's Opus.
- Author BiographyJames Hilton was born in 1900. He wrote his first novel, Catherine Herself, at the age of twenty while still an undergraduate. For several years he worked as a freelance journalist and book reviewer. And Now Goodbye, published 1931, heralded the success that was to come to him; it was followed in 1933 by Knight Without Armour and Lost Horizon (awarded the Hawthornden Prize in 1934). Goodbye, Mr. Chips appeared in 1934; in 1938 came the stage version, and in 1939 the film. He was invited to go to Hollywood, where he became one of the most popular scenario writers. Random Harvest was published in 1941, and he continued writing until the year before his death, in December 1954, his last book being Time and Time Again. Another major feature film was made in 1969 starring Peter O'Toole.
- Author(s)James Hilton
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Weight100 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £4.45Trending at £6.28
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.