All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne morning in 1943, close to eighty men descended into the Smith coal mine in Bearcreek, Montana. Only three came out alive. 'Goodbye wifes and daughters ...' wrote two of the miners as they died. This book unfolds the story of that tragic day and its aftermath through the eyes of those wives and daughters.
- Author BiographySusan Kushner Resnick has been a journalist for twenty-five years; her work has appeared in The Best American Essays, New York Times Magazine, Boston Magazine, salon.com, and Utne Reader. She is the author of Sleepless Days: One Woman's Journey through Postpartum Depression.
- Author(s)Susan Kushner Resnick
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note16 photographs
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.50
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £9.66Trending at £15.00
- £19.44Trending at £28.49
- £9.69Trending at £15.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.