Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £12.38Trending at £15.13
- £7.52Trending at £9.96
- £6.81Trending at £8.96
- £6.98Trending at £8.99
- £7.52Trending at £8.46
- £6.66Trending at £8.96
- £7.42Trending at £9.96
About this product
- DescriptionMaxim Gorky (1868-1936) was gifted and prolific, riddled with contradictions, praised increasingly for political rather than literary reasons. This book presents an unfamiliar Gorky: a figure who, once the cliches are stripped away from him, becomes enigmatic as man, as writer, and as historical figure.
- Author BiographyDonald Fanger is Harry Levin Professor of Literature Emeritus, Harvard University. His previous books include Dostoevsky and Romantic Realism and The Creation of Nikolai Gogol.
- Author(s)Maxim Gorky
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- Series TitleRussian Literature & Thought S.
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Translated byDonald Fanger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.