CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.58
- £13.11Trending at £13.40
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.03
- £18.33Trending at £24.05
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
- £4.32Trending at £4.74
About this product
- DescriptionBlending history with the study of material culture, the author sheds light on the ironic convergence of anti-Catholicism and the Gothic Revival movement in nineteenth-century America. He shows how architectural and artistic features became tools through which Protestants adapted to America's commercialization.
- Author BiographyRYAN K. SMITH is assistant professor of history at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Author(s)Ryan K. Smith
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note23 illustrations, 1 table, notes, bibl., index
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.