All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGOTHIKA stars Halle Berry as Dr. Miranda Grey, a psychiatrist who becomes a patient in her own mental hospital after she is accused of murdering her husband (Charles S. Dutton). Grey's only initial memory of the incident involves a chilling encounter with a distraught girl (Kathleen Mackey) on a rain-soaked road. The incarcerated and medicated Grey is now haunted by the same apparition, and she must convince her former colleague Pete Graham (Robert Downey Jr.) that she is not insane or guilty of murder. Meanwhile, the seemingly mad ramblings of Chloe (Penelope Cruz), one of Grey's former patients, now make more sense, and Grey must throw aside clinical logic to solve the supernatural murder mystery.<BR>Kassovitz, who is already a capable actor (AMELIE) and director (CRIMSON RIVERS), makes the leap to Hollywood filmmaking with GOTHIKA. Drawing from heavily from the Japanese horror renaissance that began with RINGU in the late 1990s, Kassovitz conjures up a forebodingly stark and shadowy tale. Berry continues her remarkable string of success (after her Oscar-winning role in MONSTER'S BALL, along with DIE ANOTHER DAY and X-MEN 2), portraying Grey as a traumatized and vulnerable yet determined woman who must unravel the brutal and bizarre knot of her own lost memory. As Grey's work colleague, Downey Jr. adds an intriguing element to the film, and Cruz, as a frustrated inmate, gives an unusual quirky performance. A scare-laden thriller that delights in the strange and the frightening, GOTHIKA proves to be one of the finest of 2003's many horror films.
- Leading Role 1Halle Berry
- Director 1Mathieu Kassovitz
- Leading Role 2Robert Downey, Jr.
- Leading Role 3Charles S. Dutton
- Additional Roles byBernard Hill,Penelope Cruz,John Carroll Lynch
- ScreenwriterSebastian Gutierrez
- Score ComposerJohn Ottman
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2004
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesEnglish,Polish,Turkish
- Running Time98 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- clairelouise955...30 Aug, 2011by
this is a good film and at first you think you know what is the truth but then the film takes a twist and you have to watch untill the end, this is one of halle berry best films
- jamie27067114 Jul, 2011by
Fantastic Film. Best film Halle Berry has starred in.
I brought this film as had seen a little bit of it at a friends and was totally gutted I had to go to work so couldn't stay and watch it. Really brilliant really twisted and keeps you guessing until the very end. Made me jump a few times. The film is very easy to watch and you don't lose track if you miss a little bit. Totally fantastic.
- talatony-200829 May, 2011by
Ex rental DVD and well used , but worked A, OK.
A really gripping story, with a great twist at the end. Add the class acting and this DVD is wll worth watching.
- andreababiie03 Apr, 2011by
love this film
adore it!!! amazing film, with great twists and turns!! worth watching!! if you love a good horror thriller this is perfect for you!! great film, cant get enough!!
- paulamonty2902 Aug, 2010by
Lost my previous copy of this film and love it so bought another one. i love excitment in the movie and suspence!!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.99Trending at £6.93
- £5.45Trending at £5.74
- £9.99Trending at £17.80
- £27.49Trending at £27.98
- £2.75Trending at £2.78
- £7.75Trending at £8.15
- £9.49Trending at £12.00