Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.97Trending at £12.34
- £11.71Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis journey through Goya's life in 18th-century Spain begins with Hughes' own first encounter with the artist's work when he was a student in Australia. The remainder of the book charts the artist's entire career, describing his painted and graphic oeuvre within its historical context.
- Author BiographyRobert Hughes, art critic of Time magazine and twice winner of the American College Art Association's F. J. Mather Award for distinguished criticism, is author of The Shock of the New, and of Heaven and Hell in Western Art, both written before the present work. He is also author of the acclaimed Nothing if Not Critical, criticism at its most intelligent and impressive, trenchant, lucid, elegantly written- in the words of William Boyd; a work on Frank Auerbach; Barcelona, and Culture of Complaint, essays on the fraying of America, described in the Observer as the most bracing of critical broadsides against new anti-intellectual tyrannies .
- Author(s)Robert Hughes
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication09/10/2003
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Harvill Press
- Content Note72 b&w and 32 colour illustrations
- Weight1420 g
- Width184 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.