All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for amateur astronomers, this book reviews portable equipment, accessories and mounts, describing which are best for different kinds of viewing. Shows how to use your grab 'n' go telescope to observe a wealth of solar, lunar and planetary objects.
- Author BiographyDr. Neil English has a BSc in Physics and Astronomy, and also a PhD in Biochemistry. He is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and a regular contributor to Astronomy Now (the UK's major astronomy magazine), as well as to Ireland's Astronomy & Space. Neil's astronomical images have been published in various magazines and journals, including a full page in the June 2006 issue of Astronomy. Neil has, and continues to, make contributions to Cloudy Nights in the form of several detailed telescope reviews. He is the author of Guide to Mars (Pole Star Publications, 2003) and he has a number of books published by Springer, including Classic Telescopes, Choosing and Using a Refracting Telescope and Choosing and Using a Dobsonian Telescope. Neil currently has (among other instruments) a large 12-inch Dobsonian, which he uses on the darkest, steadiest nights at his home in rural Scotland.
- Author(s)Neil English
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note127 Illustrations, color; 17 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 245 p. 144 illus., 127 illus. in color.
- Weight474 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.56
- £82.97Trending at £89.80
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.65Trending at £26.30
- £22.21Trending at £24.48
- £14.55Trending at £23.17
- £16.56Trending at £20.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.