Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £37.62Trending at £44.80
- £27.58Trending at £28.69
- £31.44Trending at £34.51
About this product
- DescriptionA thoroughly revised and updated 2003 edition of this general introduction to grammaticalization.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Hopper is Thomas S. Baker Professor of English and Linguistics at Carnegie Mellon University. His publications include Grammaticalization (co-authored with Elizabeth Closs Traugott, Cambridge, 1993), A Short Course in Grammar (1999), The Limits of Grammaticalization (co-edited with Anna Giacalone-Ramat, 1998) and Frequency and the Emergence of Linguistic Structure (co-edited with Joan Bybee, 2001). Elizabeth Closs Traugott is Professor of Linguistics and English at Stanford University. Her publications include A History of English Syntax (1972), Linguistics for Students of Literature (co-authored with Mary L. Pratt, 1980), Grammaticalization (co-authored with Paul J. Hopper, Cambridge, 1993) and Regularity in Semantic Change (co-authored with Richard B. Dasher, Cambridge, 2001).
- Author(s)Elizabeth Closs Traugott,Paul J. Hopper
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2003
- Series TitleCambridge Textbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus. 16 tables
- Weight592 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Series Edited byP. Austin,J. Bresnan,B. Comrie,S. Crain,W. Dressler,C. Ewen,R. Lass,D. Lightfoot
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.