Grand Central Terminal: Railroads, Engineering, and Architecture in New York City by Kurt C. Schlichting (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £30.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- Est. delivery by 23 Aug
- £12.75Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by scrunchyknickers
- Est. delivery by 18 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.24Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a history of a train station, this book is the story of a city and an age as reflected in a building aptly described as a secular cathedral.
- Author BiographyKurt C. Schlichting is the E. Gerald Corrigan '63 Chair in Humanities and Social Sciences at Fairfield University and a professor of sociology. He is author of Grand Central's Engineer: William J. Wilgus and the Planning of Modern Manhattan, also published by Johns Hopkins.
- PrizesWinner of AAP/Professional and Scholarly Publishing Awards: Architecture and Urban Planning 2004 (United States).
- Author(s)Kurt C. Schlichting
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2001
- GenreInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note6 Line drawings, black and white; 82 Halftones, black and white; 6 Illustrations, black and white; 82 Illustrations, black and white
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 years
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.