All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Metropolitan has stood among the grandest of opera companies since its birth in 1883. Tracing the offstage/onstage workings of this famed New York institution, this title tells how the Met became and remains a powerful actor on the global cultural scene.
- Author BiographyCharles Affron, Professor Emeritus of French Literature at New York University, and Mirella Jona Affron, Professor Emerita of Cinema Studies at The College of Staten Island/CUNY, are coauthors of Best Years: Going to the Movies, 1945--1946 and Sets in Motion: Art Direction and Film Narrative. Charles Affron is the author of Lillian Gish: Her Legend, Her Life; Cinema and Sentiment; and Star Acting: Gish, Garbo, Davis. Together with Robert Lyons, the authors are series editors of Rutgers Films in Print and Rutgers Depth of Field.
- Author(s)Charles Affron,Mirella Jona Affron
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note47 b/w images, 20 tables
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.07
- £6.21Trending at £7.98
- £2.95Trending at £4.61
- £6.25Trending at £8.57
- £9.19Trending at £14.90
- £28.00Trending at £34.18
- £18.68Trending at £27.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.