All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA broad-ranging study of the relationship between alliances and the conduct of grand strategy, examined through historical case studies.
- Author BiographyWilliamson Murray is Professor Emeritus in the Department of History at Ohio State University and the Ambassador Anthony D. Marshall Chair of Strategic Studies at Marine Corps University, as well as a defense consultant and commentator on historical and military subjects in Washington, DC. His most recent books are Successful Strategies (edited with Richard Hart Sinnreich) and The Iran-Iraq War (written with Kevin Woods), both published by Cambridge in 2014, and War, Strategy, and Military Effectiveness and Military Adaptation in War, both published by Cambridge in 2011. He is co-editor of numerous books of military and international history, including Hybrid Warfare (with Peter Mansoor, Cambridge, 2012), The Shaping of Grand Strategy (with Richard Hart Sinnreich and James Lacey, Cambridge, 2011), The Making of Peace (with James Lacey, Cambridge, 2008), The Past as Prologue (with Richard Hart Sinnreich, Cambridge, 2006), The Dynamics of Military Revolution, 1300-2050 (with MacGregor Knox, Cambridge, 2001), Military Innovation in the Interwar Period (with Allan R. Millett, Cambridge, 1996), and The Making of Strategy (with Alvin Bernstein and MacGregor Knox, Cambridge, 1994). Peter Mansoor is a 26-year veteran of the US Army whose service culminated as executive officer to General David Petraeus, commanding general of Multi-National Force-Iraq. He is the author of The GI Offensive in Europe: The Triumph of American Infantry Divisions, 1941-1945 (1999), awarded the Society for Military History and Army Historical Society distinguished book awards. He also authored Baghdad at Sunrise: A Brigade Commander's War in Iraq (2008), awarded the Ohioana Library Association distinguished book award, and Surge: My Journey with General David Petraeus and the Remaking of the Iraq War (2013), a finalist for the inaugural Guggenheim-Lehrman Prize in Military History.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 maps
- Weight710 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPeter R. Mansoor,Williamson Murray
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.34Trending at £11.58
- £31.22Trending at £32.09
- £23.02Trending at £23.27
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £17.28Trending at £22.31
- £12.96Trending at £16.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.