All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £24.18Trending at £27.16
- £15.72Trending at £18.12
- £18.20Trending at £21.59
- £11.90Trending at £17.06
- £16.94Trending at £24.65
- £17.29Trending at £28.12
- £23.56Trending at £40.17
About this product
- DescriptionBy 2030, the average life expectancy of women in industrialized countries could reach ninety. At the present time, postmenopausal women represent more than 15% of the world's population and this figure is likely to grow. Bringing together theoretical and empirical work by internationally recognised scholars in anthropology, psychology, ethnography, and the social sciences, Grandmotherhood explores the evolutionary purpose and possibilities of female post-generative life.
- Author BiographyEckart Voland is a professor of biophilosophy at the Institute of Philosophy and Foundations of Science at the University of Giessen in Germany.Athanasios Chasiotis is an associate professor at the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Tilburg University, the Netherlands.Wulf Schiefenhovel is the head of the human ethology group, Max-Planck-Institute, Andechs/Seewiesen in Germany and a professor of medical psychology and ethnomedicine at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich, Germany.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2005
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAthanasios Chasiotis,Eckart Voland,Wulf Schiefenhovel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.