All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA first of its kind, this book provides you everything you need to know about successfully navigating the grant writing process.
- Author BiographyRekha S. Rajan, EdD, Rekha S. Rajan, Ed.D. is visiting associate professor of research and program leader for the master's in grant writing, management, and evaluation in the division of research and doctoral programs at Concordia University Chicago. She is an arts education specialist and holds a masters in early childhood professions from Roosevelt University Chicago, a masters in music education, and a doctorate in music and music education from Teachers College, Columbia University. She has published her research on children's participation in musical theater, and teachers' use of the arts in numerous peer-reviewed journals and has presented her work at national and international conferences. She is the author of the books Integrating the Performing Arts in Grades K-5 (SAGE, 2012), Grant Writing: Practical Strategies for Scholars and Professionals (Rowman & Littlefield, 2015) and the forthcoming Children's Experiences in Musical Theater (Rowman & Littlefield Education). Dr. Rajan is the recipient of a two-year research grant from the National Endowment for the Arts to examine the relationship between live, performing arts attendance and the cognitive function of older adults which was highlighted in an interview with NEA Chairman Chu on WBEZ Chicago. Her research has also been featured in Education Week and with the National Head Start Association. She is president of the Greater Chicago Area chapter, and sits on the board of directors, for the Early Childhood Music and Movement Association. She is also Co-Program Chair for the Teaching of Evaluation Topical Interest Group for the American Evaluation Association and is on the advisory committee for the Music Educators Journal. Dr. Rajan sits on various appointed councils for the arts and education, including the Core Arts Standards Committee with Arts Alliance Illinois, and the Kindergarten Individual Development Survey (KIDS) Advisory Committee for the Department of Education in the State of Illinois. Daniel R. Tomal, PhD, is Distinguished Professor at Concordia University Chicago teaching in the leadership and doctoral programs. He is a consultant, recipient of many grants, and an author of seventeen books such as Action Research for Educators, Managing Human Resources and Collective Bargaining, and Resource Management for School Administrators (with Craig Schilling) and Leading School Change (with Marge Trybus and Craig Schilling) by Rowman & Littlefield Education, and has made guest appearances on many national radio and television shows.
- Author(s)Daniel R. Tomal,Rekha S. Rajan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleThe Concordia University Leadership Series
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight222 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £16.59Trending at £18.62
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £37.21Trending at £45.04
- £9.88Trending at £11.52
- £11.78Trending at £19.01
- £18.80Trending at £20.99
- £26.43Trending at £28.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.