All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.96Trending at £24.46
- £17.29Trending at £28.05
- £23.56Trending at £40.08
- £11.91Trending at £20.03
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £17.28Trending at £22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a comprehensive review of experiments and novel theoretical concepts needed to understand the mechanisms of pattern formation in granular materials. An effort is made to connect concepts and ideas developed in granular physics with new emergent fields, especially in biology, such as cytoskeleton dynamics.
- Author BiographyIgor Aranson graduated from the Gorky State University with M.Sc. in Physics in 1982. In 1987 he obtained his Ph.D. degree in Physics and Mathematics from the Institute of Applied Physics, Academy of Science, Gorky, for a dissertation on the stochastic dynamics of structure in nonequilibrium media. He has published more than 120 research papers and several book chapters, and holds two U.S. patents. In 1991 Igor Aranson moved to Israel, where he worked at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and then at Bar Ilan University. He moved to Argonne National Laboratory, USA, in 1996, where he has remained ever since as a Staff Scientist at the Materials Science Division. He is recipient of several international fellowships, including Alexander-von-Humboldt fellowship (Germany), Wolfson and Guastello fellowships (Israel). He was selected to Fellows of the American Physical Society in 2002. Lev Tsimring graduated from the Gorky State University with M.Sc. in Physics in 1980. In 1986 he obtained his Ph.D. degree in Physics and Mathematics from the Moscow Institute of Oceanology for a dissertation on the nonlinear theory of internal and surface wave dynamics in the Ocean. After that he was working in various areas of nonlinear dynamics, pattern formation, spatio-temporal chaos, biophysics, and nonlinear time series analysis. He has published more than 120 research papers and several book chapters, edited a book on nonlinear dynamics of digital communication devices, and he holds four U.S. patents. In 1992 L. S. Tsimring moved to San Diego, USA, where he has remained ever since as a Research Scientist at the Institute for Nonlinear Science at the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Igor Aranson,Lev S. Tsimring
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note161 line drawings and 54 halftones
- Weight712 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.