Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £9.41Trending at £17.05
- £9.50Trending at £16.54
- £9.53Trending at £14.96
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.98Trending at £9.57
About this product
- DescriptionGreat Deeds in Ireland is the first full translation of the controversial Latin history of Ireland by the famous Dublin intellectual, Richard Stanihurst. Written after he fled Elizabethan London for the Netherlands, De Rebus in Hibernia Gestis was published in 1584 by Christopher Plantin,the greatest printer of the age.
- Author BiographyJohn Barry has been involved in teaching and research in the Classics Department of University College Cork. He has written on various aspects of Irish Latin writing and the classical influence on Irish scholarship and has been a contributor to the New Oxford DNB. Hiram Morgan, teaches at University College Cork. He has written Tyrone's Rebellion (Woodbridge, 1993) and has edited Political Ideology in Ireland, 1541 - 1641 (Dublin, 1999), Information, Media and Power through the Ages (Dublin, 2001) and The Battle of Kinsale (Bray, 2004). He was a founder and co-editor of History Ireland, Ireland's illustrated history magazine. He is a former chairman of the Royal Irish Academy's Historical Sciences Committee and is current current director of CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts of Ireland
- PublisherCork University Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintCork University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byBarry John,Hiram Morgan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.