All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Norton Critical Edition, edited by the pioneer of Great Expectations scholarship, presents the most thorough textual edition of the novel (1861) available.
- Author BiographyCharles Dickens (1812-1870) is one of the most acclaimed and popular writers of all time. His many works include the classics The Old Curiosity Shop, Oliver Twist, Nicholas Nickleby, Barnaby Rudge, A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, Bleak House, Hard Times, Our Mutual Friend, The Pickwick Papers and many more. A native of Germany, Edgar Rosenberg received his Ph.D. at Stanford University and since 1965 as been Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Cornell University. He is the author of From Shylock to Svengali and some fifty pieces of short fiction, translations, and articles in journals ranging from Esquire to Commentary to The Dickensian. He has taught at San Jose State College and Harvard University, has been Visiting Professor at Stanford University and the University of Haifa, and has received Guggenheim, Fulbright, Bread Loaf, and Stanford Fiction Fellowships as well as the Clark Distinguished Teaching Award at Cornell.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and The BBC Big Read Top 21 2003. Short-listed for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens,Edgar Rosenberg
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/01/1999
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations, map, port.
- Weight1 g
- Width145 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.80Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.01
- £7.92Trending at £10.95
- £7.36Trending at £8.99
- £4.39Trending at £6.29
- £4.55Trending at £7.98
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.