Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £8.84Trending at £12.98
- £6.76Trending at £12.11
- £31.88Trending at £40.14
- £12.58Trending at £19.10
- £14.54Trending at £19.34
- £19.44Trending at £30.24
About this product
- Author(s)Mr Jonathan Bailey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2009
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight472 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction Part 1: The Russo-Japanese War. A Ten-Year Perspective 1. Portents: Strategy: Racial and Commercial Dynamics/ Military Omens 2. The Experience of 1904-5 3. 1905: The Future of War. A Ten Year Perspective Part 2: From Port Arthur to Pearl Harbour: A Thirty-Five-Year Perspective 4. Grand Strategy: Racial Angst and Diplomatic Odyssey 5. Military Strategy: The Paradox of Inevitability and Surprise 6. Tactics and Technology: Novelty Repeated Part 3: Imperial Tectonics: The Plates Shift. A Centennial Perspective 7. Europe Bows Out 8. Asia on the March 9. America Advances 10. Nippon Resurgat 11. The Next Hundred Years: Chinese Futures 12. Conclusion: Centennial Themes. References. Index
- Author BiographyJonathan Bailey retired from the British Army in 2005 as a major general. His last appointment was Director General Development and Doctrine, responsible for analysing the future strategic environment and the concepts, doctrine, structures and procurement requirements of the British Army, 2010-2030. He is the author of Field Artillery and Firepower (1989), The First World War and the Birth of the Modern Style of Warfare (Strategic and Combat Studies Institute, 1996), and Field Artillery and Firepower (Naval Institute Press, 2004). He is the current Director of the Centre for Defence and International Security Studies (CDISS).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.