Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together 100 short, accessible snapshots, this text details the people who have shaped western thought, from the ancient Greeks to today. The snapshots, written by the world's leading experts, describe a major thinker's life and work with suggestions for further reading on each one.
- Author BiographyJulian Baggini is co-editor (with Jeremy Stangroom) of The Philosophers' Magazine (www.philosophers.co.uk), Great Thinkers A-Z (2004) and New British Philosophy: The Interviews (2002). He is also the author of The Pig That Wants to be Eaten and What's It All About? Philosophy and the Meaning of Life (both Granta, 2005). Jeremy Stangroom is co-editor, with Julian Baggini, of The Philosophers' Magazine and co-author of Do You Think What You Think You Think? (Granta, 2006), What Philosophers Think and Great Thinkers A-Z. He and Ophelia Benson are co-authors of Why Truth Matters and The Dictionary of Fashionable Nonsense (Souvenir, 2004).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMansell Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight332 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJeremy Stangroom,Julian Baggini
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.