Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.22Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the evolution and reception history of a collection of ancient Greek epigrams from the early nineteenth to twentieth century, the volume analyses the rhetoric which writers and translators brought to the text, highlighting the after effects of this cultural war on the interpretations of Ancient Greece in British print culture.
- Author BiographyGideon Nisbet is a Reader in Classics at the University of Birmingham. He is known for his publications in ancient epigram and the reception of classical Greece and Rome in modern culture.
- Author(s)Gideon Nisbet
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleClassical Presences
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width144 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.