All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA study of the Greek Hoplite in the Golden Age of Ancient Greek civilization, from the victory at Marathon over Darius of Persia, to the rise of Alexander the Great. It covers the Greek warrior's weapons, armour, shield and helmets, and how he was recruited, trained and fought.
- Author BiographyNicholas Sekunda was born in 1953. After studying Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester University, he went on to take his Ph.D. in 1981. He has taken part in archaeological excavations in Poland, Iran and Greece, participated in a research project on ancient Persian warfare for the British institute of Persian Studies. He has published numerous books and academic articles, and is currently teaching at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology in Torun, Poland.
- Author(s)Nick Sekunda
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/12/2000
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 27
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note12 colour & 55 b&w illustrations, chronology
- Weight355 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.49Trending at £9.99
- £33.99Trending at £37.78
- £5.06Trending at £6.00
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £8.30Trending at £15.98
- £14.49Trending at £20.01
- £9.66Trending at £14.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.