All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleContemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 23 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey Lipman,Min Jiang,Shaun Vorster,Terry DeLacy
- Table Of ContentsSection 1: Setting the Scene 1. Green Growth and Travelism - A Sustainable Development Journey 2. Travelism and the Low-Carbon Imperative Section 2: Green Growth and the Travelism Value Chain 3. Lower-Carbon Aviation in the Green Economy 4. Greening Accommodation 5. Greening Events 6. Greening Consumers 7. Chasing Well-Being: New Directions for Appraising Tourist Experiences Section 3: Connecting to the Local 8. Responsible Tourism and the Green Economy 9. Greening Tourism Jobs: Approaches in Indonesia 10. Green Tourism Alleviating Poverty: Community-Based Ecotourism in Fiji 11. Destination Management and the Green Economy Section 4: Governance and Frameworks 12. Climate Change and Global Tourism Governance 13. A 2050 Green Growth Roadmap for Bali Tourism 14. A Climate Change Adaptation Framework for Pacific Island Tourism 15. System Models for Tourism Green Growth Section 5: The Way Forward 16. Signposts on the Green Growth Path
- Author BiographyTerry DeLacy is Professor of Sustainable Tourism in the Major Events and Tourism Research Unit, Victoria University, Australia. Previously, DeLacy was director of the Australian National Co-operative Research Centre for Sustainable Tourism and Professor of Environmental Policy at the University of Queensland. His research interests are in natural resources and sustainable tourism, most recently focusing on transformation of the tourism sector into the emerging green economy. Min Jiang is a Research Fellow at the College of Business, Victoria University, Australia. Holding a PhD in Environmental Law, Jiang's research interests include tourism adaptation to climate change, sustainable tourism, and water law and policy. She has led and coordinated a number of research and consultancy projects in tourism adaptation to climate change in Australia, China, and the Pacific. Geoffrey Lipman is Director of greenearth.travel, a global think tank network promoting green growth and travelism (travel and tourism) and specializing in strategy, innovation and funding. He is Adjunct Professor at Victoria University, Australia, Visiting Professor at Hasselt University, Belgium, and Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, and Senior Tourism Research Fellow at George Washington University, United States. Shaun Vorster is Special Adviser to the South African Minister of Tourism, but writes in a personal capacity. He has extensive experience in the climate change, energy, aviation and tourism fields. In 2014, he took up tenure as pro bono Extraordinary Associate Professor at the University of Stellenbosch Business School, South Africa. He holds a doctorate in Political Science.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £22.56
- £4.60Trending at £6.19
- £12.06Trending at £12.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.