All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.39Trending at £20.04
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionAlex Haley's Roots introduced griots to the world outside of West Africa and generated an enormous amount of interest in their profession. This work is a comprehensive portrait of the world of this uniquely African profession, starting with their discovery by the outside world in 1352 by a North African traveller, Ibn Battuta.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Hale is Liberal Arts Professor of African, French, and Comparative Literature at The Pennsylvania State University. He is editor of The Epic of Askia Mohammed (IUP, 1996) and co-editor (with John William Johnson and Stephen Belcher) of Oral Epics from Africa (IUP, 1997).
- Author(s)Thomas A. Hale
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAfrican Expressive Cultures
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note20 b&w photos, 7 maps
- Weight676 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.