All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £13.55Trending at £13.85
- £24.37Trending at £26.23
- £7.75Trending at £8.23
- £8.97Trending at £9.77
- £2.85Trending at £3.69
- £9.54Trending at £10.98
- £9.54Trending at £10.68
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in psychology research but with a practical focus on organizational behaviour issues, this book helps readers understand and participate in teams more effectively in day-to-day work.
- Author BiographyDaniel Levi is a professor in the Psychology and Child Development Department at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, California. He has an MA and a PhD in environmental psychology from the University of Arizona. He teaches classes in teamwork and in environmental and organizational psychology. His teamwork class was designed primarily for engineering and business students at Cal Poly. He has conducted research and worked as a consultant with factory and engineering teams for companies such as Nortel Networks, TRW, Hewlett-Packard, and Philips Electronics. In addition, he has worked on international team research projects in Europe and Asia. Dr. Levi's research and consulting with factory teams primarily has focused on the use of teams to support technological change and the adoption of just-in-time and quality programs. This work examined a variety of team issues, including job redesign, training, compensation, supervision, and change management approaches. His work with professional teams primarily has been done with engineering design teams. These projects examined the use of concurrent engineering, self-management, and the globalization of teams. The topics of this work included the impact of information technology on teams, facilitation and training needs for professional teams, and the impacts of organizational culture and leadership. Early work on the present book was sponsored by an engineering education grant from NASA. This project focused on the development of teamwork skills in engineering students working on multidisciplinary projects. This project led to the development of cases and activities for learning teamwork skills and research on teamwork training and evaluating and rewarding student teams. Recent research on student teams examines gender and cross-cultural issues, social support within teams, and bullying and hijacking in student teams.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Levi
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.