All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for those who working therapeutically with children and their families, including play and family therapists, mental health practitioners, social workers, parenting experts and foster and adoptive careers, this book addresses practical considerations, such as how to determine the composition of groups and the duration of programmes.
- Author BiographyLouise Guerney, Ph.D., is Professor Emirata of Human Development and Counseling Psychology at Penn State University, and Director of Play and Filial Family Training at the National Institute of Relationship Enhancement (NIRE). She is recognized internationally as one of the most prominent and innovative practitioners of child-centred play therapy. A licensed Clinical Psychologist, Reglistered Play Therapist-Supervisor and a founding Board Member of the Association for Play Therapy, she is known, together with her husband, Dr. Bernard Guerney, Jr., as the creator of Filial Family Therapy. She lives in North Bethesda, Maryland, USA. Virginia Ryan, Ph.D., is a Chartered Child and Adolescent Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a qualified Play Therapist and Play Therapy Supervisor with the British Association of Play Therapists (BAPT). She is also a Certified Filial Therapist, Supervisor and Instructor with the Family Enhancement and Play Therapy Center in Philadelphia, USA. She is the former director of the University of York's Master's program in Non-directive Play Therapy and a former Senior Lecturer. She lives in Hull, UK.
- Author(s)Louise Guerney,Virginia Ryan
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight794 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.