All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Diane Waller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 22 colour illustrations, 36 black & white halftones, 22 colour illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsSection I Introducing Group Interactive Art Therapy. Introduction .1 Groups and Art Therapy. 2 Interactive Group Psychotherapy. 3 Curative Factors in Groups. 4 Conducting an Interactive Art Therapy Group 5 Practical Matters: Materials and rooms. 6 Using Themes or Projects within an Interactive Model. 7 Short-term Interactive Art Therapy Groups. 8 Group Interactive Art Therapy with Children and Adolescents. Section II The Model in Practice: Case examples. Introduction. 1 Rooms and Materials. 2 The Unwilling Participant(s): Transference, countertransference, projective identification and all... 3 Developmental Processes in a Group Painting. 4 Life Processes in Small Group Environments. 5 Images of the Group. 6 Catharsis. 7 Power and Domination: Clay workshops and sub-group themes. 8 Splitting in the Group: Forces of good and evil. 9 Expressing Anger Symbolically. 10 Example of a Theme Arising Spontaneously. 11 Boundary Violation and Scapegoating in a Training Group. 12 Working through a Crisis. 13 Ending the Group: What to do with the images and objects. Section III: The Wider Context. Francesca La Nave The Theatre of the Image and Group Interaction. Jenia Georgieva and Roumen Georgiev The Visible City and the Invisible Shame. Section IV: Group Interactive Art Therapy used in Research. People with Dementia. People with Schizophrenia. People in Rehabilitation from Stroke. Concluding Thoughts.
- Author BiographyDiane Waller, OBE, is Emeritus Professor at Goldsmiths University of London. Extensive travel and study with her late husband Dan Lumley contributed to her commitment to promoting intercultural understanding in the arts therapies. She has been a pioneer of training in art psychotherapy and intercultural therapy and is the author and editor of many previous books, including Arts Therapies and Progressive Illness and Treatment of Addiction: Current issues for arts therapists.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £32.12Trending at £34.11
- £14.70Trending at £15.90
- £20.87Trending at £24.15
- £23.91Trending at £29.88
- £11.70Trending at £14.59
- £10.97Trending at £14.90
- £10.94Trending at £11.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.