All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alison Davies,Eleanor Richards,Nick Barwick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents. Notes on Contributors. Acknowledgements. Richards, Preface. Group Music Therapy: Historical Perspectives. Davies A History of Group Work in Music Therapy. Odell-Miller and Richards A Personal Account of the Development of Music Therapy Groups in the UK. Group Therapy: A Group Analytic Perspective. Barwick Core Concepts in Group Analysis: The development of the principle of interconnectedness. Barwick Core Concepts in Group Analysis: What happens in groups? Barwick Core Concepts in Group Analysis: What does the conductor do? Barwick Developments in Group Analysis: The mother approach. Barwick Developments in Group Analysis: The other approach. Group Music Therapy: Developmental Perspectives. Davies Early Years: Experiences with others. Richards Music, Attachment and the Group: Mainly theory. Richards Music, Attachment and the Group: mainly practice. Group Music Therapy: Clinical Perspectives. Clinical Vignettes. Davies Co-therapy. Davies Experiential Groups.
- Author BiographyAlison Davies trained as a music therapist and a psychoanalytic psychotherapist. She has worked in the NHS and in private practice and has run groups for music therapy trainees at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, and the Guildhall School of Music, London. She has also taught and run groups for the Philadelphia Association psychotherapy training. Eleanor Richards is a senior lecturer in music therapy at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, and a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and supervisor in private practice. She has a longstanding interest in group work and is involved in the development of music therapy training and practice in India. Nick Barwick is a group analyst who has conducted groups in the NHS, higher education and private practice. He is Head of Counselling at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London, where he also teaches on the MA in Music Therapy. He is immediate past editor of the journal Psychodynamic Practice.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £24.95Trending at £27.18
- £12.42Trending at £12.58
- £10.63Trending at £10.79
- £34.99Trending at £38.43
- £17.90Trending at £19.88
- £30.65Trending at £31.41
- £28.56Trending at £31.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.