Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.56Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £6.48Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn Growing Gaps, Paul Attewell and Katherine S. Newman bring together an impressive group of scholars to closely examine the relationship between inequality and education. Covering almost every continent, Growing Gaps provides an overarching and essential examination of who is actually able to benefit from economic growth and who, because of the educational demands it brings about, it shuts out.
- Author BiographyPaul Attewell is a Professor of Sociology who teaches in the doctoral programs in sociology and in urban education at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. His most recent book, co-authored with David Lavin, was Passing the Torch: Does Higher Education for the Disadvantaged Pay Off Across the Generations? It won the 2009 Grawemeyer Award in Education and also the American Education Research Association's Outstanding Book Award for 2009. Katherine S. Newman is the Malcolm Forbes Class of 1941 Professor of Sociology and Public Affairs and the Director of the Institute for International and Regional Studies at Princeton University. Newman's most recent books include The Missing Class: Portraits of the Near Poor in America (2007) and Laid Off, Laid Low: The Social and Political Consequences of Employment Instability (2008).
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight520 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKatherine S. Newman,Paul A. Attewell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.