All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReveals the simple techniques needed to estimate virtually anything and illustrates them using an eclectic array of problems. This title shows how to estimate everything from how closely you can orbit a neutron star without being pulled apart by gravity, to the fuel used to transport your food from the farm to the store.
- Author BiographyLawrence Weinstein is University Professor of Physics at Old Dominion University. He is the coauthor of Guesstimation: Solving the World's Problems on the Back of a Cocktail Napkin (Princeton). Patricia Edwards is senior lecturer in art at Old Dominion University. A graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, she lives in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Author(s)Lawrence Weinstein
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2012
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note95 halftones.
- Weight28 g
- Width114 mm
- Height191 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patricia Edwards
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.56
- £82.97Trending at £89.80
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.66Trending at £26.30
- £22.21Trending at £24.28
- £14.61Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.