All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnables anyone with basic math and science skills to estimate virtually anything - quickly - using plausible assumptions and elementary arithmetic. This book presents an array of estimation problems that range from devilishly simple to quite sophisticated and from real-world concerns to silly ones.
- Author BiographyLawrence Weinstein is professor of physics at Old Dominion University. John A. Adam is professor of mathematics at Old Dominion University. He is the author of Mathematics in Nature: Modeling Patterns in the Natural World (Princeton) and the coeditor of A Survey of Models for Tumor-Immune System Dynamics.
- Author(s)John A. Adam,Lawrence Weinstein
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2008
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note72 line illus.
- Weight255 g
- Width114 mm
- Height191 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.