All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)A Whitney Brown,Christopher S. King,Steven D. Nathan
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 12 colour illustrations, 12 colour tables, biography
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Table Of ContentsOverview of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.- Clinical presentation and diagnosis.- Diseases that mimic idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.- Pathogenesis idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.- Prognosis, clinical course, and monitoring of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.- Comorbidities and complications of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.- Treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.- Non-pharmacologic management of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.- The future of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Author BiographySteven D Nathan, MD, is the Director of the Advanced Lung Disease Program and the Medical Director of the Lung Transplant Program at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia. Dr Nathan received his medical degree at the University of the Witwatersrand Medical School in Johannesburg, South Africa. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine and General Surgery at the Johannesburg Hospital. Dr Nathan performed his Internal Medicine residency at Long Island Jewish Hospital in New York City, and completed his fellowships in Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care, and Lung Transplantation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Dr Nathan has authored over 400 publications including original research manuscripts, abstracts, reviews, electronic publications, book chapters, and a book on idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) that he co-edited. Dr Nathan is a reviewer for multiple journals, is an Associate Editor for Pulmonary Year in Review and is on the editorial board of Thorax. He has served on multiple committees, including FDA Advisory Boards as well as steering committees for clinical trials in IPF and pulmonary hypertension, where he has also served as chair. He is also chairperson of Pilot for IPF, an International educational initiative for pulmonary fibrosis. A Whitney Brown, MD, is Director of Clinical Operations and the Cystic Fibrosis Program of the Inova Advanced Lung Disease and Transplant Program at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia. Dr Brown received her BS in Public Health from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina. She attended medical school at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Cornell University. Dr Brown undertook her pulmonary and critical care training at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Dr Brown has been with the Inova Advanced Lung Disease and Transplant Program since 2010, she has special interest in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, lung transplant outcomes, and the care of adult patients with cystic fibrosis. Christopher S King, MD, is a pulmonologist in the Inova Advanced Lung Disease and Transplant Program and a medical intensivist at the Medical Critical Care Service at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia. Dr King received his BS degree in Biology from Loyola College in Baltimore, Maryland, where he focused on cell and molecular biology. He completed his medical training at the University of Maryland, Baltimore and completed his residency and fellowship training with the United States Army at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. After completing his service in the military, Dr King joined the staff of Inova Fairfax Hospital where he works in the Advanced Lung Disease and Lung Transplantation Clinic.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.00Trending at £38.42
- £60.48Trending at £61.87
- £17.90Trending at £19.97
- £27.55Trending at £30.42
- £30.65Trending at £31.40
- £28.56Trending at £32.36
- £13.98Trending at £14.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.