All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.99Trending at £60.00
- £7.15Trending at £12.99
- £2.81Trending at £4.34
- £13.37Trending at £19.98
- £9.39Trending at £10.18
- £8.99Trending at £10.95
- £7.45Trending at £12.00
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to selection, purchasing and fabricating produce for professional chefs, foodservice personnel, culinarians, and food enthusiasts. Focusing on kitchen preparation skills, it provides practical information on product identification, seasonality, availability, storage, maturity and ripeness, taste and utilization tactics.
- Author BiographyPaul Wigsten is the produce buyer at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) in Hyde Park, NY. Mr. Wigsten also owns and operates Wigsten Farm in Pleasant Valley, NY with his family. In 2002, Wigsten Farm was awarded the Agri-Business Award by the Dutchess County Economic Development Corporation. Along with Mr. Matthews, Mr. Wigsten was awarded the 2006 Glynwood Harvest Good Neighbor Award. Brad Matthews is the director of purchasing and storeroom operations at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Directing a storeroom staff of more than two dozen, Mr. Matthews is responsible for all purchases on the college's Hyde Park, NY campus, including more than $6.5 million of food products for the college each year. Mr. Matthews and his staff must assure the value of those purchases through proper receipt, evaluation, storage, and timeliness of deliveries. He also oversees the distribution to the 41 kitchens and bakeshops of all food coming into the CIA campus.
- Author(s)Brad Matthews,Paul Wigsten
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKitchenPro Series
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1400 g
- Width232 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.