Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.12
- £24.00Trending at £33.04
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £48.89Trending at £56.06
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £44.82Trending at £49.51
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in French in 2011 by Jean-Claude Lattes, Paris, France.
- Author BiographyShyamal Bhadra received his Ph.D. from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. After working at Carl Zeiss, Dr. Bhadra joined the CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute (CSIR-CGCRI), Kolkata, in 1984, where he is currently Chief Scientist. He leads a group working in advanced areas of fiber optics, photonics, and nonlinear optics. He has worked closely with industry to bring out products such as EDFA and super-continuum source generators. Dr. Bhadra has published more than sixty research papers and has five patents to his credit. Presently he is the honorary editor of the journal Transactions of the Indian Ceramic Society. He is the recipient of the Deokaran award in glass given by the Indian Ceramic Society. Dr Bhadra is also one of the recipients of the prestigious Most Significant CSIR Technology of Five-Year Plan Period Award 2012 for commercialization of EDFA technology in India. Ajoy Ghatak obtained his Ph.D. from Cornell University. He recently retired from IIT Delhi as professor of physics. He received the 2008 SPIE Educator award in recognition of his unparalleled global contributions to the field of fiber optics research, and his tireless dedication to optics education worldwide and the 2003 OSA Esther Hoffman Beller award in recognition of his outstanding contributions to optical science and engineering education. He is also a recipient of the CSIR SS Bhatnagar award, 16th Khwarizmi International award, the International Commission for Optics Galileo Galilei award, and the UGC Meghnad Saha Award for his contributions in fiber optics. He has authored several books, including Optics, Introduction to Fiber Optics and Optical Electronics, and Albert Einstein: A Glimpse of His Life, Philosophy and Science. He received a D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) from the University of Burdwan in 2007.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/05/2013
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOptics and Photonics
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note327 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables
- Weight929 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAjoy Ghatak,Shyamal Bhadra
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.