All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.09
- £28.65Trending at £29.99
- £26.12Trending at £28.79
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £25.68Trending at £27.85
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionHaiti is a country in the midst of a political, economic, ecological, and social crisis. This book sheds light on the varied and complex roots of the crisis, dispels misperceptions, and suggests that the situation in Haiti, despite evidence to the contrary, is not completely desperate.
- Author BiographyYasmine Shamsie is an assistant professor in the Department of Political Science at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Fellow at the Centre for Research on Latin America and the Caribbean (CERLAC) at York University. She specializes in the political economy of democracy promotion and has written on the Organization of American States (OAS) peace-building efforts in Haiti. Andrew S. Thompson is a Special Fellow with the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) in Waterloo, Canada. His areas of specialization include human rights and international governance. He has written a number of book chapters and is co-editor of Haiti: Hope for a Fragile State (WLU Press, 2006).
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2006
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight310 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAndrew S. Thompson,Yasmine Shamsie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.