Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.03Trending at £12.34
- £11.73Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early 20th century, Halford Mackinder established geography as a new discipline in English universities, predicted the decline of British influence in world affairs and the rise of European totalitarian regimes, and made the first ascent of Mount Kenya. This title describes the major phases of his life and the development of his thought.
- Author BiographyBRIAN W. BLOUET, born in Britain and educated at the University of Hull, is Huby Professor of Geography and International Education at The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. His research for this book in British archives included collections in Oxford, Reading, London, and Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Brian W. Blouet
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note3 b&w illustrations, 5 maps, bibliography, index
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.