Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps the most influential and successful independent film ever made, HALLOWEEN is the movie that put director John Carpenter on the map as a viable filmmaker. An exercise in simple, pure horror, HALLOWEEN takes us into the world of a mad killer, Michael Myers, who at a very young age stabbed his older sister to death. Locked away for many years in a mental hospital Michael escapes one night and returns to his hometown to continue his killing spree. Jamie Lee Curtis, in her first role, plays the resourceful babysitter who is chased by the killer on Halloween night. Produced for very little money and a tight shooting schedule, HALLOWEEN was a stunning success when it was released. Written by John Carpenter and his long-time producer Debra Hill, the film set their careers on fire, with both of them working together many times over the next 25 years. The film also made a star out of Jamie Lee Curtis and turned the slasher movie into a viable, successful genre. HALLOWEEN has been copied, parodied and even turned into a franchise of its own, but the original is still considered the best of the bunch. HALLOWEEN was John Carpenter's first foray into horror, and remains the standard to which all other modern horror films are measured.
- Leading Role 1Donald Pleasence
- Director 1John Carpenter
- Leading Role 2P.J. Soles
- Leading Role 3Jamie Lee Curtis
- Additional Roles byNancy Loomis
- ProducerDebra Hill
- EditorTommy Lee Wallace,Charles Bornstein
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time87 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- davedude195029 Aug, 2011by
A classic. Well reccommended.
A classic of the genre with the added bonus of having Donald Pleasance in a leading role. The 'gore' is not over the top, a criticism of mine with more modern additions to this particular genre, so that there is a genuine attempt to create 'atmosphere' and tension as the film progresses.
- ol.sarge22 Sep, 2010by
THE CLASSIC HORROR FILM, THE SCARY MUSIC, THE HAUNTING THEME TUNE, AND THE WHITE FACE MASK WEARING KNIFE WIELDING MANIAC, ON THE RAMPAGE ON HALLOWEEN, IT DOES'NT GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS SPINE TINGLING CREEPER OF A MOVIE, ENJOY AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN !
- cleeve200830 Jul, 2009by
The Original Never Lets You Down!!!
This film is just a must, must, must own for any horror fan out there. A true 1970s masterpiece directed John Carpenter. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
- jinnyliz6728 Mar, 2009by
Halloween.... nightmares dismissed!!
My boys have been nagging me for ages to let them watch a horror film. They saw this on ebay and begged me to get it. I remembered watching it in my teens and being absolutely petrified, so was not looking forward to watching it again... I decided we would watch the film in broad daylight, in case the boys (or rather me) got scared, however, I needn't have worried! Most of the film is so dark you can't really see what is happening and the special effects after 30 years are not existent. The boys found it really tame after some of the games/films they have watched in the past, but for me, it dispelled all those nightmares I had way back in time and gave me a good laugh.... Overall, a good walk back down memory lane....
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £8.99Trending at £9.24
- £4.99Trending at £9.48
- £4.99Trending at £5.10
- £3.25Trending at £5.77
- £9.49Trending at £9.75
- £8.50Trending at £8.73
- £4.53Trending at £5.06