Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.57Trending at £9.61
About this product
- DescriptionA diary of the author that takes us from the hardships and amusements of travel on the 'Big Muddy' to the magnificent sight of a prairie fire at night, from the political propaganda abroad in the 'slavery stronghold' of Kansas to the realities of doing business on the Nebraska frontier.
- Author BiographyErastus F. Beadle was born in New York State in 1821. In 1857 he went west to Omaha, where he failed to make his fortune. In 1858 he returned to New York, where he prospered as senior partner of Beadle and Adams, publisher of the popular Beadle's Dime Novels. Ronald C. Naugle is Huge-Kinne Professor of History at Nebraska Wesleyan University. He is coeditor of Nebraska Quilts and Quiltmakers (Nebraska 1991) and coauthor of History of Nebraska (Nebraska 1997).
- Author(s)Erastus F. Beadle
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content NoteIllus., map
- Weight170 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Introduction byRonald C. Naugle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.