Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.98
- £21.37Trending at £22.62
- £27.52Trending at £27.96
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.00
- £5.65Trending at £8.99
- £19.28Trending at £20.74
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Academic
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, 62 black & white tables, 28 black & white halftones, 86 black & white line drawings
- Weight861 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byJill C. Burstein,Mark D. Shermis
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsCarl Whithaus, Foreword. M. D. Shermis, J. Burstein, S. A. Bursky, Introduction to Automated Essay Evaluation. N. Elliot, A. Klobucar, Automated Essay Evaluation and the Teaching of Writing. S. C. Weigle, ESL Writing and Automated Essay Evaluation. J. Burstein, J. Tetreault, N. Madnani, The E-rater(R) Automated Essay Scoring System. P. W. Foltz, L. A. Streeter, K. E. Lochbaum, T. K Landauer, Implementation and Applications of the Intelligent Essay Assessor. M. T. Schultz, The Intellimetric(TM) Automated Essay Scoring Engine - A Review and an Application to Chinese Essay Scoring. C. S. Rich, M. C. Schneider, J. M. D'Brot, Applications of Automated Essay Evaluation in West Virginia. E. Mayfield, C. Penstein Rose, LightSIDE: Open Source Machine Learning for Text. C. Brew, C. Leacock, c-rater: Automated Short Answer Scoring at Educational Testing Service. D. M. Williamson, Probable Cause: Developing Warrants for Automated Scoring of Essays. Y. Attali, Validity and Reliability of Automated Essay Scoring. K. L. K. Koskey, M. D. Shermis, Scaling and Norming for Automated Essay Scoring. B.Bridgeman, Human Ratings and AEE. S. M. Lottridge, E. M. Schulz, H. C. Mitzel, Using Automated Scoring to Monitor Reader Performance and Detect Reader Drift in Essay Scoring. M. Gamon, M. Chodorow, C.Leacock, J.Tetreault, Grammatical Error Detection in Automatic Essay Scoring and Feedback. J. Burstein, J. Tetreault, M. Chodorow, D. Blanchard, S. Andreyev, Automated Evaluation of Discourse Coherence Quality in Essay Writing. Jill Burstein, B. Beigman-Klebanov, N. Madnani, A. Faulkner, Automated Sentiment Analysis for Essay Evaluation. P. Deane, Covering the Construct: An approach to Automated Essay Scoring Motivated by a Socio-cognitive Framework for Defining Literacy Skills. M. D. Shermis, B. Hamner, Contrasting State-of-the-Art Automated Scoring of Essays. K. Hakuta, The Policy Turn in Current Education Reform: The Common Core State Standards and Its Linguistic Challenges and Opportunities.
- Author BiographyMark D. Shermis, Ph.D. is a professor at the University of Akron and the principal investigator of the Hewlett Foundation-funded Automated Scoring Assessment Prize (ASAP) program. He has published extensively on machine scoring and recently co-authored the textbook Classroom Assessment in Action with Francis DiVesta. Shermis is a fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 5) and the American Educational Research Association. Jill Burstein, Ph.D. is a managing principal research scientist in Educational Testing Service's Research and Development Division. Her research interests include natural language processing, automated essay scoring and evaluation, educational technology, discourse and sentiment analysis, English language learning, and writing research. She holds 13 patents for natural language processing educational technology applications. Two of her inventions are e-rater(R), an automated essay evaluation application, and Language MuseSM, an instructional authoring tool for teachers of English learners.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.